Important things to consider about caravan, trailer and vehicle weighing.
Useful Information and Things To Consider - reasons to weigh your caravan & car
- Did you know if your caravan or car are overweight your insurance may not pay in the event of an accident!
- The following are included in your weights and lower your payload:
Bullbars, canopies and fridges
Tradie equipment, tools and tool boxes
Passengers, fuel and water
- Did you know your towball weight becomes part of your vehicles payload when connected to your trailer or caravan.
- Check your vehicle towbar and the vehicle owners manual to find the maximum towball mass allowed for your tow vehicle.
- Is your tow vehicle and caravan compatible with each other?
- Public weighbridges are not set up to provide detailed weight information to travel safe.
- With accurate weight details customers are better equipped to load and distribute load/weight in their caravan and vehicle.
Weight Terms Explained
|GVM||Gross Vehicle Mass||Maximum weight of your towing vehicle when fully loaded|
|GTM||Gross Trailer Mass||Actual permissible weight of your loaded caravan/trailer at any given point in time and hitched to your towing vehicle|
|GCM||Gross Combined Weight||Total of vehicle and caravan/trailer|
|TARE||Tare Weight||Total of dry weight as it leaves the factor with all accessories fitted|
|TBM||Tow Ball Mass||The weight the caravan imposes on the tow vehicle|
|ATM||Aggregate Trailer Mass||Total weight of the fully loaded caravan/trailer, when unhitched from the town vehicle|
|BTC||Braked Towing Capacity||Maximum allowable weight that can be legally towed by the towing vehicle|
Book Your Weighing Service
Vehicle, caravan, trailer and boat weighing services - from Broadwater to Newcastle and Coffs Harbour to Tamworth, New South Wales.
Reports & Certificates
ATM and GVM Reports and Weight Certificates for Caravans, Trailers and Vehicles.
Caravan, Trailer and Vehicle Weighing Services - from Broadwater to Newcastle and Coffs Harbour to Tamworth - and all areas in between!